Mom: Do you want to go with me to Gardner Village? I want to show you this cool knitting store.
Kristen: Knitting store? Hmm....Sure, I'll go. (I only agreed in hopes that she might buy me an item or two at the village. I knew I'd at least get lunch out of the deal.) (just kidding mom!)
We drove to Gardner Village and walked in to Kamille's.
Kristen: How long has this store been here? I've never noticed it!
Mom: Awhile.
Kristen: Look at this cute hat!...Oh - I love this sweater!...I want that stocking!
From that moment I was hooked. I think it was actually the stocking that sold me. (pics to come - I'm in the process of making one now.) Weeks later, my mom (who already knew how to knit) me, and my friends Shara and Kathy all signed up to take Beginning Knitting at Kamille's. We made a scarf at beginning knitting. It wasn't great by any means. There were actually a few holes in it that I didn't notice until it was way too late to go back and fix. (Unless I wanted to unravel 2 feet of scarf.) I gave it to my aunt for Christmas. She loved it and didn't even mention the holes! :) Since then I've been knitting away! Here's my other projects.
Project #2 - Men's beanie. My husband was dying for a beanie. He thinks its sexy that I knit. So I sexily made him a beanie. He loves it. I made one for my brother too, but not sexily.
Project #3 - Scarf. I bought some darling yarn at Robert's on sale. This time I used a different knitting technique to make the scarf. It is pretty cute. I haven't worn it yet because I decided to add one more skein of yarn to make it longer.
Project #4 - Scarf - Same scarf as #3 but different fabric for my good pal Leslie.
Project #5 - Scarf - I know, I know - so many scarves! Scarves are cool though. You can never have too many scarves and they are easy to knit. Except for this one. It took me FOREVER! Mostly because I used a needle half the size as what I had used on the previous two scarves. Which means it took me double the time. I also used a new technique on this one. I actually gave it to my mother-in-law today. We'll see if she likes it enough to wear it. :)
Project #6 - Stocking - the one and only that sold me on knitting in the first place. It is still a work in progress and I think I am going to change my needle size for the next one I make. It is beautiful to say the least. I took a hiatus from the stocking to work on project #7.
Project #7 - Headwrap - I saw all these people wearing cute headwraps all over. I wanted to be trendy too. My mother-in-law gave me one for Christmas. Kamille's was having a class to teach me how to make my own. Love it, love it, love it! I took it a step further and made tons of flowers for it that I can interchange using hair clips.
Cuties! I love these and I have a bunch that Dan's cousin made for me and that I bought! You're so good!
ReplyDelete